Ages of War: MC PVP server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to spot a hacker

3 posters

Go down

How to spot a hacker Empty How to spot a hacker

Post  SPX300 Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 am

Hello everyone, as I been admins in many other servers, I want to let people know how to spot a hacker, since this is a pvp server, there will be many.

The most comon used hcak, is the range hack, or auto-aimbot hack, were they hit you if you come close to the player, even if your not close to them, or they arent looking at you. they can also hit you with a wider range up to 5 blocks away, were it would be imposible for you to hit them back. If you do indeed get raided and this happens, report them in the forums.

what can you do to defend your self? get a bow, or trowing potions, if your not good with them, you pretty much are still in disadvatege.

Another most common that you would see, is "why the fk doesnt he die?", and the answer is, hackers have the power to automaticaly heal or instantly heal, were even as much as you damage them, their health instantly goes up to full.
what can you do about this? simple but hard, as the code in Minecraft, you can only heal if your food bar is full, so hackers cant automatically heal if they are missing two food bars, mostly this means that hackers would avoid running at you, and once they cant instantly heal, they try to get away. what you should do, is always try to be close to your home, and faction home, so when you get killed, go back were he was and punch them in the guts, as they will try to get away by going to the spawn or their home. keep fighting until you beat them.

another one is x-ray or chestfinder, were they can look trough blocks and see your chest, were they will get in them and steal your stuff. if you die to many times, they can claim ur land, and willl have acces to this chest.

what can you do about it? simply not much, since this is the mayor problem people get from griefers and pvp hackers, so try to make a way that hackers cant get in ur faction home, so that you dont loose power and can keep your chest safe.

Mayor things you should always avoid
Never ever ever pvp in the water, or in the snow, hackers can run trough water as if it were a regular dirt block, were they will be faster than you and you will die 100% of the time. the snow, they have range, so they will just keep pushing you back and more back until you die. NEVER PVP IN SNOW.

This is about all i know how to help people defende them selfs from hackers, i hope it helps, have a good pvp time ^.^

SPX300

Back to top Go down

How to spot a hacker Empty Re: How to spot a hacker

Post  Admin Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:09 pm

SPX300 wrote:Hello everyone, as I been admins in many other servers, I want to let people know how to spot a hacker, since this is a pvp server, there will be many.

The most comon used hcak, is the range hack, or auto-aimbot hack, were they hit you if you come close to the player, even if your not close to them, or they arent looking at you. they can also hit you with a wider range up to 5 blocks away, were it would be imposible for you to hit them back. If you do indeed get raided and this happens, report them in the forums.

what can you do to defend your self? get a bow, or trowing potions, if your not good with them, you pretty much are still in disadvatege.

Another most common that you would see, is "why the fk doesnt he die?", and the answer is, hackers have the power to automaticaly heal or instantly heal, were even as much as you damage them, their health instantly goes up to full.
what can you do about this? simple but hard, as the code in Minecraft, you can only heal if your food bar is full, so hackers cant automatically heal if they are missing two food bars, mostly this means that hackers would avoid running at you, and once they cant instantly heal, they try to get away. what you should do, is always try to be close to your home, and faction home, so when you get killed, go back were he was and punch them in the guts, as they will try to get away by going to the spawn or their home. keep fighting until you beat them.

another one is x-ray or chestfinder, were they can look trough blocks and see your chest, were they will get in them and steal your stuff. if you die to many times, they can claim ur land, and willl have acces to this chest.

what can you do about it? simply not much, since this is the mayor problem people get from griefers and pvp hackers, so try to make a way that hackers cant get in ur faction home, so that you dont loose power and can keep your chest safe.

Mayor things you should always avoid
Never ever ever pvp in the water, or in the snow, hackers can run trough water as if it were a regular dirt block, were they will be faster than you and you will die 100% of the time. the snow, they have range, so they will just keep pushing you back and more back until you die. NEVER PVP IN SNOW.

This is about all i know how to help people defende them selfs from hackers, i hope it helps, have a good pvp time ^.^

Thanks for this post. Our server has been trying its best to keep itself up to date against most client hacks and such. Our server runs on orebfuscator which denies players using x-ray hacks from seeing chests and any ores with fake cache data until they are close by. This explains why your chests, dispensers, and furnaces disappear until you walk close to it when you first log off. Also, we have many counter measures which checks if players are moving at impossibly fast speeds in certain terrains. These logs will be reported to our staff which reviews players with too many violations. We also block, detects, and logs players swinging in PVP without actually touching their mouse. These players will be given no sympathy and banned without request for unbans in forums. Players who join our server have all been warned about this, and they did not read the rules, it should be common sense. There will almost always be a staff whether you see them on or not. I hope this makes players feel safer against hackers and client mod users. If you suspect that someone is using hacks, please record them using fraps and post them in our forums for review. If caught, the appropriate actions will be taken.

Regards,

Staff of Ages of War

Admin
Admin

https://agesofwar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to spot a hacker Empty Re: How to spot a hacker

Post  AznxBoi Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 pm

U should relocate this forum to the tutorial section. ^.^
AznxBoi
AznxBoi

http://for3verplay.enjin.com/